Mentally Healthy People in a Healthy Society
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
We believe in:
- Equity of Access to high quality, effective client, family and community directed services, resources and information that diminish access barriers.
- Prevention, Early Identification and Intervention to reduce the incidence and severity of mental illness and substance abuse, instill hope, support harm reduction, recovery and well-being.
- Community Awareness through Information and Knowledge to reduce the stigma associated with mental illness and to encourage those in need of help to get it, and get it sooner.
- Collaboration, Service integration and Strategic Partnerships to better meet the needs of our clients and the community, harnessing and building upon community experience and expertise.
- Respecting Diversity and the integrity, dignity, culture and beliefs of all individuals, regardless of individual differences.
- Empowerment and Inclusion to increase the capacity of individuals and groups to make informed choices and decisions that affect them and to help transform their choices into actions and successful outcomes.
- Excellence and Innovation, setting high standards, targets, and measures for performance, life-long learning, evidence-based program development through research, and quality improvement initiatives through responsible leadership.
- Team work