A safe and healthy workplace is a priority for CMHA. One of the ways we do this is by controlling the spread of germs. Everyone who spends time at our sites can help by following these guidelines:
- Wash your hands often. Soap and water is the best way. If you cannot always do that, use hand sanitizer. We keep hand sanitizer in all reception areas.
- Wash your hands before and after:
- handling food or medication
- coughing or sneezing
- changing a diaper
- using the washroom.
- If you cough or sneeze, use a tissue or the inside of your sleeved arm.
- If you have a fever or a serious cough, rebook your appointment. Or, you may be able to have your meeting over the telephone.
Another way to keep everyone safe and healthy is to treat each other kindly. Our workplace violence prevention program helps us to remember that not only our actions, but also our words, can cause harm. If any visitor causes harm, or threatens to cause harm, they may be asked to leave the building.