Bounce Back is an evidenced-based program designed to help adults overcome symptoms of mild to moderate depression, low mood, or stress, with or without anxiety.
To submit a referral to the Bounce Back program:
Complete the following forms (download and fill or print):
*Please note* If you are filling the document in online, please save the pdf to your computer, and upload it into an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For your safety, copy and pasting the link into an email will not send your private information. If you need assistance completing the form please call1-866-345-0224, we are here to help:
The program is based on a five areas approach which addresses:
- Life situations, problems, and difficulties
- Symptoms in the body
- Unhelpful thinking
- Altered feelings (moods or emotions)
- Altered behavior and reduced activities
This free self-help program offers:
Living Life to the Full DVD:
This resource provides you with practical tips on how to recognize and deal with depressive symptoms. The DVD is available in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Telephone coaching and workbooks:
Trained Bounce Back coaches assist in the teaching of problem-solving and other skills to overcome difficulties. In addition, the role of the coach is to keep you motivated, to answer your questions, and to monitor how you’re doing. Your coach will send you workbooks – which are yours to keep – at the right stages to help you complete this self-help program step by step. Because Bounce Backcoaches are not mental health specialists, they don’t provide counselling. Coaches are trained in the delivery of a specific program known to be effective in relieving mild to moderate depression (with or without anxiety) and they are overseen by psychologists. Referrals are available below.
For Primary Care providers:
Bounce Back is an evidence-based mood-improvement program designed to assist primary care practitioners in working with their patients. As participants learn Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills to help them deal with problems such as inactivity, unhelpful thinking, worry, and avoidance, Bounce Back has been proven to enhance overall well-being and quality of life.
Even though the coaches are independently working with the patients on their specific modules, they remain under your care. The coaches will provide you with questionnaire scores and feedback on their progress.
- Confirm that depressive symptoms are mild/moderate (e.g., PHQ-9 = 5-21) and no contraindications to a low-intensity cognitive-behavioural intervention apply
- Advise patients that Bounce Back is a self-help program with workbooks mailed by coaches who do educational-motivational telephone sessions
- Give each referred patient a DVD and brochure. Also ensure patients know that they are being referred and a coach will call them in the next week or so.
- Provide clear, complete information on the referral form so we can easily make contact with you and your patients to guarantee fast, efficient delivery of service
- Referral Form
For those who have submitted a referral form, you can access the video you’ve been given through: www.bouncebackvideo.ca. Once on this site you will be asked to login with the information that has been given to you upon approval.