Psychosis is a condition that affects the mind, resulting in some loss of contact with reality. Symptoms may include:
- delusions (false beliefs)
- disorganized thoughts and speech.
Help Overcome Psychosis Early (H.O.P.E.) is our early psychosis intervention program and is offered throughout York Region and South Simcoe. The H.O.P.E. team offers specialized services for individuals aged 16 – 35 who are experiencing psychosis for the first time. The team includes health care professionals from many disciplines: nurses, case managers, employment specialists, social workers, peer support workers, addiction specialists, and psychiatrists.
They work with clients to:
- Improve their quality of life
- Increase independence in the community
- Help with medication management
- Improve symptom management
- Reduce hospitalization
- Find accommodation of choice
- Reduce substance use
- Explore employment opportunities
For more information or to make a referral (self-referrals are welcome), please call 905-841-3977 or 1-866-345-0183, ext. 3321 (Central Intake Team).