The Rapid Access Mood & Anxiety Program (RAP) is a free program which provides support to referring primary care providers through consultation with our psychiatric team. Clients with low mood and anxiety are seen for an initial individual psychiatric assessment, and, if indicated, follow-up support is offered in a Group Medical Visit format.
The key elements of the program include:
- Initial psychiatric assessment. Within 3-4 weeks of referral the purpose of this consultation is meant to provide the client and their primary care provider with a psychiatrist’s clinical opinion, medication and treatment suggestions.
- Group Medical Visit (GMV). If suitable, the client may attend group medical follow-up visits for medication monitoring and management. Clients may attend as many GMVs, and as frequently, as they feel necessary. The psychiatrist will correspond with the referring primary care provider to provide clinical updates.
- Email support. The psychiatrist will be available by email to respond to questions from clients and their primary care provider. Clients will be given guidelines and screening tools for email content to maximize efficiency.
- Most Responsible Physician. This role remains with the referring primary care provider to minimize the risk of poly-pharmacy, medication errors, or multiple prescriptions provided by various health care providers. The psychiatrist will provide psychiatric suggestions to the primary care provider and not provide prescriptions to the client. Collaborative care is encouraged.
Please consider our eligibility criteria:
- Adults age 18+ who are capable of completing questionnaires and engaging in the program.
- Mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety is the primary presenting issue.Referral Form
For more information please contact: 905-841-3977 ext 3221