The Youth Wellness Program offers:
- Psychoeducational workshops;
- Individual counseling, and;
The Youth Wellness program offers psychoeducational workshops for youth, caregivers, teachers and professionals. Workshops are provided by mental health educators and cover a variety of topics in order to increase knowledge and de-stigmatize mental illness and substance abuse. Workshops are provided in schools, community centres, agencies and religious organizations. To request a workshop, please complete the form below and submit it to Vivian Hon at email@example.com.
Individual, solution focused counseling for youth is provided throughout York Region and South Simcoe. For more information, please call Central Intake at 1-866-345-0183, Ext. 3321. Self, caregiver or professional referrals are welcome.
In addition, the Youth Wellness program offers groups focusing on the development of coping skills. These groups may be provided at one of our locations or local agencies. To inquire about these services, please call Central Intake at 1-866-345-0183, Ext.3321. Self, caregiver or professional referrals are welcome.
We offer the following workshops:
1. Mental Health Myth Busting
- This workshop provides general information about mental health.
2. Tackling Stress and Anxiety
- This workshop teaches health and wellness strategies for empowered young people.
3. Let’s Talk about Depression and Suicide
- This workshop provides general information about symptoms of depression and suicide as well as general coping strategies.
4. Understanding Self-Injury
- This workshop provides an understanding of self-injury as well as self-soothing strategies.
5. What’s Eating You?
- This workshop provides basic information about and help with Eating Disorders.
6. Surviving High School
- This workshop provides opportunities for students to discuss the social aspects of transitioning to high school (This workshop is best suited for students in grade 8).