Get Involved! Partners in Change.
As an advisor, you:
- Source innovative ways to improve the quality of care for all clients and family members at CMHA.
- Partner with staff to improve care for others.
- Collaborate with staff on short term or long term projects/committees.
- Give helpful advice to CMHA based on your own experiences as a client or family member.
- Bring a voice to the table based on personal experience, but support improvements beyond the personal.
- Talk about positive and negative care experiences by sharing what went well and identifying ways to do things differently.
Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have had a care experience with CMHA York Region & South Simcoe within the past two years, either as a client or as a primary caregiver to a client.
- Be willing to share insights and information about experiences in constructive ways.
- Be willing to learn, disseminate, and apply new skills.
- Be professional, reliable, and punctual.
- Possess good listening and communication skills. Respect diversity and differing opinions.
- Be comfortable speaking in a group and interacting with others.
- Comply with CMHA’s Code of Conduct and Privacy/Confidentiality policies.
- Provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Opportunities: (when you click on each opportunity, it will take you to more information)
Fundraising Committee (Board level – evening meetings)
Project: Emergency Preparedness (daytime meetings)
Ready to Apply?
1. Submit your application
2. There will be an initial telephone screening by the Volunteer Manager, and then an interview by the Committee Chair or Project Lead.
Due to the high volume of applications, we cannot guarantee that every applicant will obtain an Advisor placement.