Careers at CMHA
Work With Us
The Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) is the most established, most extensive community mental health organization in Canada providing a full scope of mental health and addictions services for over 100 years. As the nationwide leader and champion for mental health, we facilitate access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness and addiction.
CMHA York Region South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) is one of the fastest growing branches of the Canadian Mental Health Association with around 350 staff and 100 volunteers. We offer 30+ publicly funded programs and services for youth (12+), adults and family caregivers. Last year we provided mental health and addictions services to more than 17,000 individuals.
Our community is filled with innovators who create change, professionals who deliver excellence, influencers who create impact, and passionate, determined people who are creating our vision of Mental Health for All.
"Seeing the impact, no matter how small, it makes on my client's life and their family is why I love working at CMHA."
- Jennifer, Registered Nurse
What We Do
CMHA-YRSS is a high-performance agency driven by innovation, access to care and operational excellence. We embrace and celebrate equity, inclusion and the diversity of the CMHA team and the communities we serve in York Region and South Simcoe.
Our exceptional workplace culture is fostered by the organization’s core values of client and family-centred care, cultural competence, innovation and team values.
- We help people learn how to maintain their mental health, look for and identify the signs of mental illness, and get help and support when they need it.
- We demonstrate respect for each other, those we serve and their families and caregivers, through partnership, accountability and action.
- We build community by nurturing inclusivity with the belief that diversity is our strength, drives innovation and creates the conditions for better mental health.
- We commit to action to ensure everyone’s right to belong by embracing our individuality and identities and by valuing each persons’ unique strength and contributions.
You can read more about our vision and mission.
We Create Belonging
We Build Better
Who Works at CMHA
Our recruitment strategy focuses on investing in the best, diverse talent who support our client-centred approach and deliver groundbreaking, innovative programs and services. Our staff includes (but is by no means limited to):
- Case Managers
- Occupational Therapists
- Clinical leads
- Peer Support Workers
- Administrative and Corporate Services Professionals (Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Philanthropy, etc.)