Client Family Advisors
When you, or your loved one, was receiving care at CMHA York Region and South Simcoe (CMHA-YRSS) did you think there were things we could have done better or differently? Do you have ideas about how to make sure every client and family member gets the very best care possible at CMHA? Our Client and Family Advisors are partners that work to improve the quality, safety, and relevance of care we provide.
Advisors join our Policy and Practice group to engage with staff members on a variety of topics and projects such as new policies, procedures, programs etc. Advisors are also provided opportunities to give additional insights through surveys or other types of feedback requests, taking part in special committees such as designing new websites, interviews for senior staff roles, or by sharing their stories and experiences within their level of comfort.
Client Family Advisor Requirements & Competencies
- Must have had a care experience with CMHA York Region and South Simcoe within the past three years, either as a client or a family member (as determined by the client).
- Commit to attend policy and practice group meetings (6-8 meetings per year on average)
- Be comfortable speaking in a group and interacting with others.
Clients and family members of all ages, ethnicities, genders, religions, sexual orientations, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Process to Become a Client or Family Advisor
- Submit an online application
- Take part in an interview with the Manager of Volunteers and Students
- Sit in a Policy and Practice Group meeting as an observer
- Complete any and all required trainings and paperwork
If you do not meet the requirements to be a client or family advisor but are still interested in volunteering and supporting CMHA-YRSS please visit our volunteer page.