Raising Awareness – Reducing Stigma – Inspiring Hope
The CMHA Speakers’ Bureau consists of experienced public speakers who are passionate about raising awareness of mental illness. Our speakers enlighten and educate by sharing their personal stories and how they overcame barriers through a dynamic recovery process.
These are our objectives:
- Increase awareness – 1 in 5 Canadians will experience mental illness
- Reduce the stigma that creates fear and greatly hinders recovery
- Instill a sense of hope for recovery and maintaining wellness
- Help individuals feel less isolated, lonely and helpless
- Encourage people to seek help
- Provide information on community resources
At the end of the presentation our speakers will answer questions and facilitate discussion.
Please contact me and we can arrange to have the Speaker’s Bureau present to your group.
905-841-3977 ext. 4244