We are committed to nurturing the future of tomorrow – our students. As teachers and mentors, we value student placements.
CMHA takes on students three times a year and will post open roles approximately 6-8 weeks prior to placements beginning.
- In the fall for either semester (Sept-Dec) or full year placements (Sept-April)
- In the winter, for semester length placements (Jan-April)
- In the spring, for semester length placements (May-August)
Once you have submitted an application you will receive an email regarding next steps. If you are selected to do a placement in one of our programs, we will require a Vulnerable Sector Screening.
Please be advised:
- Due to the large number of students who apply for placements, we are unable to place everyone, but we greatly appreciate your interest in CMHA York Region and South Simcoe.
- Only students who are currently enrolled in a university or college programming requiring placement hours will be considered.
- Submissions received by email will not be acknowledged or read, only those applicants who apply through this application will be considered.
“Having a placement at the CMHA York Region and South Simcoe means so much to me. Being able to contribute to Support for Depression and Choices is so incredible, and I am thankful that I can be a part of it. My dream is to work at CMHA, so having the opportunity to support clients as a student and volunteer is an incredible experience that I do not take for granted.”