Position Title: Community Education & Training Administrative Support Volunteer
Reports To: Program Coordinator, Community Education & Training
Location: Newmarket Office
Purpose: To provide 8-10 hours per month of administrative support
MISSION STATEMENT OF AGENCY
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To provide 8-10 hours per month of various administrative duties supporting the CET program.
- Prepare documents, packages and handouts for upcoming public and private workshops
- Pull and distribute program brochures as required
- Pack kits for upcoming health fairs and community engagement events
- Take inventory of program materials ie. training materials, brochures and other marketing collateral and notify program coordinator when items need to be replenished
- Conduct basic research on local businesses and organizations and document data/info.
- Adhere to CMHA’s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to documentation/information about clients, family members and others
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with the running of the program.
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with volunteer placement or performance of volunteer role
- Be aware of health and safety procedures
- Contribute to the development of the agency/program
- Training will be provided; however, Microsoft Word and Excel experience is required.
- Good organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision following orientation.
- Willingness to assist peers & staff.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- This position will work out of the Newmarket office.
- Completion of general orientation and on the job training – to be arranged with supervisor.
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month.
- Supervisor to be contacted regarding any changes to your schedule.
- Between 8-10 hours per month to be completed during weekday hours (8:00am – 4:00pm Monday through Friday).
- A minimum of 6 months commitment