Executive Office Volunteer
Position Title: Executive Office Volunteer
Reports To: Executive Assistant
Location: Newmarket Office
Purpose: Provide administrative support to the Executive Assistant and the Director of Philanthropy
Revised/Revised: March 2016
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
This individual must possess the ability to maintain a professional manner under all circumstances. The Executive Office Volunteer will provide a range of administrative duties.
- Complete word processing tasks as required.
- Photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Filing, including setting up new files, as requested.
- Pull and distribute program brochures as requested. Notify the Executive Assistant when brochures are running low and need to be replenished.
- Collate materials for Community Education and Training courses as requested.
- Collate fundraising information packages and materials as requested.
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to documentation/information about donors, prospects, clients, family members and others.
- Adhere to CMHA’s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Inform supervisor of functioning issues that might interfere with delivery of service.
- Contribute to the development of the agency/program
- Supervision and Support
- This position is supervised by the Executive Assistant. Any questions, concerns or supports needed are to be brought to the attention of the Executive Assistant. (Because of the changing nature of this position, other responsibilities and duties may be
Skills and Abilities:
- Training will be provided; however, word processing experience is required.
- Good organizational & time management skills.
- Ability to work with limited supervision following orientation.
- Willingness to assist peers & staff.
- Good oral and written communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Completion of general orientation and on the job training – to be arranged with Supervisor
- Due to liability driving of clients is not permitted under any circumstances
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month.
- Contact Supervisor regarding any changes to your schedule.
- Weekday hours between 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- A minimum of 6 months commitment. CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.