Position Title: Group Co-Facilitator – Rainbow Youth Room
Reports To: Manager/Director – CMHA/ACYR Partnership
Locations: Aurora Site – Lower Level and/or Markham Site
Reviewed/Revised: September 16, 2019
MISSION STATEMENT OF AGENCY
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
Purpose: Co-Facilitate the Rainbow Youth Room, a drop-in, peer-led social group for 2SLGBTQ+ youth aged 13-39 and their allies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Co-facilitate with AIDS Committee of York Region (ACYR) and support the delivery of Rainbow Youth Room, a drop-in, peer-led social group for 2SLGBTQ+ youth and their allies
- Greet members as they arrive, make sure that they sign in and feel welcome and comfortable
- Inform participants of program schedule and keep participants aware of program changes
- Adhere to CMHA’s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Maintain confidentiality with respect to information about participants
- Inform ACYR staff/supervisor and/or CMHA supervisor immediately of concerns regarding the group
- Inform ACYR staff/supervisor and/or CMHA supervisor of issues that might interfere with the running of the program
- Inform CMHA supervisor of issues that might interfere with volunteer placement or performance of volunteer role
- Inform ACYR staff/supervisor and/or CMHA supervisor regarding the welfare of participants
- Be aware of health and safety procedures
- Bring questions to ACYR staff/supervisor as they arise
- Aid with administrative tasks.
- Considers self as part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community
- Group facilitation experience is an asset
- Excellent judgement and problem-solving
- Excellent listening skills, patience, and diplomacy
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision following orientation/relevant training
- Willingness to assist participants and staff of the partnership
- Works well with others and enjoys helping when needed
- Easily adapts to changing environments
- Cooperative and respectful
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
- Completion of orientation/relevant training
- Availability on Monday evenings (6 pm to 8 pm) in Aurora and/or Wednesday afternoon (4 pm to 6 pm) in Markham
- Minimum of a one-year commitment for a minimum of 3 hours per week
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to CMHA supervisor for signature at the end of each month
- Reliable attendance every week.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at email@example.com
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.