Position Title: Group Co-Facilitator
MISSION STATEMENT OF AGENCY
Purpose: Assists to facilitate Support for Depression group meetings and/or Family Education Groups
Reports To: Support for Depression/Family Caregiver Supervisor
Location: Support for Depression
– Keswick – Thursday 7:00pm – 9:00 pm
– Newmarket – Thursday 10:00am – 12:00pm
– Bradford – Friday – 6:30pm – 8:30pm
– Vaughan – Wednesday 7:00pm – 9:00pm
– Floater for various days/locations across York Region & South Simcoe
Reviewed/Revised: May 2018
As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Co-facilitates Support for Depression and/or Family Education Groups.
- Introduces topics for discussion during groups
- Adheres to CMHA s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Informs supervisor of issues that might interfere with volunteer placement or performance of volunteer role
- Contributes to the development of the agency/program
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to information about clients, family members, and others
- Other duties as assigned by the program Supervisor
- Be aware of health and safety procedures
- Personal lived experience with depression Support for Depression
- Lived experience with a family member Family Education
- Group Facilitation training
- Ability to deal with crisis situations
- Demonstrates good judgment skills
- Demonstrates good listening skills and patience
- Good organizational & time management skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision following orientation
- Willingness to assist peers & staff of the program
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Knowledge of Community resources
- Easily adapts to changing environment
- Car and cell phone a requirement
- Able to work with other volunteers
- Willingness to participate in committees with in the program
- Completion of Group Facilitation training
- Completion of general orientation and on-the-job training; to be arranged with Supervisor
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
- Availability for day and/or evenings and occasional on-call
- Minimum of a one year commitment
- 3 hours per week minimum
- Attendance at monthly facilitator meetings
- Reliable, have a passion for and enjoy working in a team environment, and be an understanding listener.
- Notify program coordinator, in advance if you are not able to be present for a group.
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.