Director of Philanthropy
Provide support for a variety of exciting digital communications projects
As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience, and support recovery from mental illness.
An enthusiastic, dedicated, and creative volunteer to work on a variety of exciting digital communications projects to support philanthropy and marketing, specifically:
Supervision and Support:
- Assist in the production of a range of promotional and educational videos, from concept to final product (i.e., storyboarding, shooting footage, editing, and encoding)
- Assist with uploading of final product to a variety of online channels (e.g., YouTube, podcasts, website, Intranet, social media, etc.)
- Assist with videography duties, and related duties (i.e., audio recording)
- Assist with video editing duties
- Assist in the evaluation of all multimedia activities produced.
This position is supervised by the Director of Philanthropy. Any questions, concerns or supports needed are to be brought to their attention. (Because of the changing nature of this position, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned.)
Because of the responsibilities of this position, preference will be given to applicants who have a minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, presentation, customer service and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment, demonstrate initiative and attention to detail
- Experience working in video production
- Formal photography training an asset
- Experience with a variety of audiovisual and video equipment preferred
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy skills
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Excellent editing and proof-reading skills
- Capable of working independently, or as part of a team
- Experience using digital video cameras
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Apple Final Cut Pro or similar video editing software; Adobe After
- Effects or Apple Motion considered an asset; Audio editing software ( i.e., Logic, Reason) considered an asset
- Satisfactory vulnerable sector screening
- Completion of general orientation and on the job training – to be arranged with Supervisor
- Due to liability driving of clients is not permitted under any circumstances
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month.
- Contact Supervisor regarding any changes to your schedule.
- Available 2 – 4 hours per week (Day and time is negotiable)
- A minimum of 6 months commitment.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at email@example.com
. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.