Community Connections Staff
Assist in Youth Programming – Community Connections Aurora – Wednesday from 4:00pm – 6:30pm
MISSION STATEMENT OF AGENCY
As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people
require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and
support recovery from mental illness.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To adhere to CMHA s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to information about clients, family members and others
- Inform supervisor immediately of concerns regarding the welfare of clients
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with the running of the program.
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with volunteer placement or performance of volunteer role
- Be aware of health and safety procedures
- Bring questions to staff as they arise
- Make people feel welcome and comfortable
- Offer clients informal support
- Contribute to the development of the agency/program
- Greet members as they enter program
- Ensure members sign in
- Aid with any administrative tasks such as photocopying
- Help staff keep program space neat and tidy
- Willingness to assist clients & staff of program
- Works well with others and enjoys helping when needed
- Easily adapts to changing environments
- Respectful, compassionate
- Knowledgeable and resourceful
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
- Completion of general orientation and on-the-job training; to be arranged with Supervisor
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month
- A minimum 6 month commitment
- Reliable attendance for 2.5 hours every Wednesday from 4:00pm 6:30pm CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will