Program Volunteer – Sunday Drop-In
Community Connections Staff
To assist in the Community Connections Programs
MISSION STATEMENT OF AGENCY
As a leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, build resilience and support recovery from mental illness.
The program a Peer-led drop-in program that is open every Sunday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm and is facilitated by Volunteers. It s a time to meet people and socialize. Activities are chosen by volunteers and participants together and include games, discussion topics and peer support as well as a group dinner once a month.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- To adhere to CMHA s written volunteer policies and procedures
- Maintains confidentiality with respect to information about clients, family members and others
- Inform supervisor immediately of concerns regarding the welfare of clients
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with the running of the program.
- Inform supervisor of issues that might interfere with volunteer placement or performance of volunteer role
- Greet members as they arrive, make sure that they sign in
- Keep members aware of program changes
- Welcome guests and give them a program schedule
- Responsibility for kitchen cleanliness, and informing supervisor when supplies are needed
- Aware of health and safety procedures
- Bring questions to staff as they arise
- Make people feel welcome and comfortable
- Provide orientation to new members
- Develop, support, and/or deliver groups as per unique skills and experience
- Offer clients informal support
- Contribute to the development of the agency/program
- Good organizational & time management skills
- Ability to work with limited supervision following orientation
- Willingness to assist clients & staff of program
- Works well with others and enjoys helping when needed
- Easily adapts to changing environments and flexibility
- Respectful, compassionate
- Knowledgeable and resourceful
- Knowledge of Mental Illness and experience in area of mental health is an asset
- Experience with group facilitation is preferred
- ASIS training, Mental Health First Aid training is preferred.
- Completion of general orientation and on-the-job training; to be arranged with Supervisor
- Complete a Vulnerable Sector Screening Check.
- Monthly Activity Forms identifying volunteer hours will be completed and submitted to the supervisor for signature at the end of each month
- A minimum of 6 month commitment
- Attend program s team meeting as needed
- Attend volunteer schedule as agreed with program manager
- Facilitate Sunday Drop-In 1:00pm 4:00pm on a weekly basis CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.