Community Withdrawal Management (18+)
** This program is only available to existing CMHA clients involved in one of these programs: ACTT, EPI, Flexible Supports, Home First or Case Management.
The Community Withdrawal Management (CWM) program provides comprehensive community withdrawal management services to individuals struggling with substance use (alcohol and/or other substances). Withdrawal management (WM) refers to the medical and psychological care of patients who are experiencing withdrawal symptoms as a result of ceasing or reducing use of their drug of dependence. Services are FREE and CONFIDENTIAL and tailored to the individual’s needs, working within a harm reduction philosophy.
This program allows clients the opportunity to withdraw in a safe and supportive environment, either at home or in another safe location. Care may be provided with or without drug therapy or other medical interventions. Individuals will also be supported to receive early recovery education as well as discharge and crisis support plans.
Have Questions? Contact Us!
Participation is voluntary. Services are provided virtually, via telephone and face-to-face.
Referrals are made by CMHA staff supporting the individual. No external referrals are accepted.
Clients will be connected with a Nurse Practitioner and Community Withdrawal Management Counsellor to develop a safe plan for withdrawal, including monitoring and support during all stages of withdrawal.
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Those 18 years of age or above living in York Region and South Simcoe
- An existing CMHA client involved in one of these programs: ACTT, EPI, Flexible supports, Home First, Case management.
- Have access to a safe and quiet “home” environment that is free from substance use in York Region & South Simcoe community
- Have reliable access to a phone
- Be willing to develop an individualized plan of care for withdrawal management
- Have a trusted and reliable person who can provide support through the withdrawal process
- Do not have a history of complicated withdrawal symptoms
- No medical complications that require close observation or treatment in a hospital setting.
The Community Withdrawal Program Offers
- Pre-withdrawal planning
- Acute withdrawal monitoring
- Post-acute withdrawal support