Clinical Therapy (18+)
The Clinical Therapy Program is a group-based program that helps people with serious mental health issues to be more successful in day-to-day living, by utilizing different forms of psychotherapy to help clients explore and manage unhelpful thoughts, overwhelming/difficult emotions, and problematic behaviours with the support of our team of Clinical Therapists. Our program helps clients develop and practice coping skills that help them gain control over unhelpful thinking patterns, overwhelming/difficult emotions, and unhelpful behaviours.
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Individuals 18 years of age or above
- Clients in York Region and South Simcoe with serious mental health issues who are motivated to attend groups/workshops and not looking for individual counselling/psychotherapy
Contact Us to Register for Support
For referrals, please contact central intake at 1.866.345.0183, ext. 3321
Clinical Therapy Services Include
- C.A.R.E (Coping and Resilience Enhancing) Program: a 12-week Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) group for depression and anxiety. CBT is an empirically validated treatment for various mental health difficulties and focuses on symptom reduction to improve quality of life.
- Mindfulness group: this is a 4-8 week therapy group that introduces participants to the practice of mindfulness, such as noticing and paying attention to one’s self and surroundings without judgement. This group offers education, skills building, and experiential practice.
- Expressive Arts therapy group: this is a psychotherapeutic approach that employs the arts—drawing, painting, sculpting, collage, movement, sound and poetry as an avenue for exploration, discovery, change, and recovery. Participants use the arts to explore, express, let go, and release.
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) group:
- Psycho-educational DBT group: this is a 4-session, psycho-educational group that provides an introduction to the following four modules: Mindfulness, Emotional Regulation, Distress Tolerance, and Interpersonal Relationships.
- Light DBT: this is a 20-week psychotherapy group, where you will learn effective and practical skills for coping with distressing situations. This group delves deeper into the four modules, with each module being 3 group therapy sessions. This is an ongoing group and clients may enter the group at the beginning of any module.
- Shame-Resilience group: this is an 8-week group that brings to light the adaptive and maladaptive functions of shame and its relationship to mental health, and focuses on developing 1) skills in managing shame and 2) resilience to its impact.
*Subject to change without notice