Community Homes for Opportunity (16+)
Community Homes for Opportunity (CHO) provides tenants with recovery oriented supportive housing that can offer up to 24/7 supports services to maintain housing stability.
CHO is based on a recovery model which focuses on a holistic, person-centred approach to mental health care. By encouraging increased responsibility in a home environment setting, clients are empowered to actively participate in their own planning and decision-making. CHO offers opportunities for tenants to enhance the quality of their daily living, their personal growth and development, and to improve life skills through participation in a variety of activities and programs.
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Those 16 years of age or above who are experiencing serious mental illness and who may require daily care.
The Communities Home for Opportunity Program Offers
- One-on-one support from a CHO housing support worker to achieve and maintain housing stability
- An opportunity to improve and/or stabilize an individual’s physical and mental health
- A chance to foster independence and learn new skills within the community and home
- An ability to participate and integrate into community services and activities
Please Note: Services are flexible enough to be able to respond to the unique and changing needs of the individuals served.
Once a referral is received a CHO housing administrator will follow up to book an assessment.