Employment Program (16+)
The Employment Program provides individualized placement and job development through one-to-one job searches based on clients’ interests, goals, previous work experience and education. Employment Specialists connect with potential employers to discuss clients’ suitability for employment opportunities and advocate for accommodations when necessary.
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Individuals 16 years of age or above
- Those experiencing mental health challenges, who are ready and motivated to enter the workforce; and
- Residents seeking employment in York Region and South Simcoe.
Contact Us to Register for Support
For more information or to make a referral (self-referrals are welcome), please call the Central Intake Team.
Toll Free: 1.866.345.0183 ext. 3321.
The Employment Program Offers
- One-on-one support from an Employment Specialist
- Opportunities to develop employment plans, prepare for work, and overcome challenges to gainful employment
- Career Café drop-in for help with job searches, web site information, career assessments, resumé, cover letter and interview help, along with many other pre-employment skills
- Referrals can also be made to join the Employment Services program to receive ongoing one-on-one supports
- Groups run all year round and range from the Trailblazer training program, Job Retention, Goal Setting, Barriers to Employment, Humble Tiger, Career Cruising, COVID-19 and Work, Disclosure and Workplace Accommodations