Gender Affirming Health Clinic (16+)
The Gender Affirming Health Clinic is a free service that aims to create a safe, confidential, and inclusive space. We provide culturally competent and gender-affirming care to trans and gender diverse people. We work collaboratively with our community partners to ensure supportive and comprehensive care to clients and their families. Our team uses a holistic and compassionate approach when providing services and supports.
Who is This Program Intended For?
- People who identify as trans, gender diverse, non-binary and/or questioning
- 16 years of age or older
- Residents who live in York Region or South Simcoe
The Gender Affirming Health Clinics Offers
Physical & Sexual Health Care
The Nurse Practitioner is committed to providing competent, dignified and welcoming primary health care services for trans and gender diverse people.
- Comprehensive health assessments
- Health promotion/disease prevention
- Medication/treatment management
- Sexual health services
- Transition support
Hormone Replacement Therapy
The counsellors support trans and gender diverse people in exploring all topics related to their gender identity and expression.
The clinic team is trained in gender affirming care and utilizes a person-centered and non-judgmental approach.
- Discussing / exploring gender identity
- Transition and resource navigation