A vision board is a physical representation of a goal or goals that you’re aiming to achieve. It helps to kick start your imagination and visualize these goals. It can be done either electronically or with good old fashioned paper and tape!
In this post we will show you how to make a vision board using traditional methods or virtually. During this difficult time create a vision board to showcase your goals after physical distancing or to represent what you hope to achieve in the future.
Traditional Vision Board How-To
1. Gather your supplies. You will need Bristol board (or another piece of large paper), scissors, tape, marker, old magazines that you are willing to cut up, other media sources that depict your goals by photo.
2. Start going through you magazines and find some pictures that really speak to you and depict you goals and visions for the future. Vacation ideas, home and garden ideas, new sports to try, physical and mental health goals. Anything you can dream of! Cut these pictures out and set them aside.
3. Arrange the pictures on you Bristol (poster) board. Be creative. The pictures can overlap or they can be cut in different shapes and sizes. Once you have then arranged how you like them, tape them in place.
4. Once all your pictures are in place and you are happy with how it looks, start adding some words to the board. Short descriptions of the pictures or catch phrases. Maybe a few goals in which you couldn’t find pictures. Some words like ‘relax’, ‘adventure’, ‘family time’,’try new things’ are a few suggestions.
5. Stand back and take a look at your finished product! Display your board somewhere you can see it frequently so you are reminded of your goals! Each time you achieve a goal, add a checkmark or a sticker to the vision board.
Virtual Vision Board How-To
- On your computer find an app that will allow you to ‘snip’ photos from the internet to use on your vision board. A common one is “Snip and Sketch”.
- Open Paint and select the background colour of your choice. This program will be where you create your vision board masterpiece.
- Start your image search! Use google.ca/images to sort through photos that you find representative of ‘life after physical distancing’ or your goals.
- Once you’ve found an image that’s fitting for your vision board, you will open your snipping tool and draw around the photo that you want to include on your board.
- When you have done your full outline of your photo take a copy.
- Open paint and paste your cut out photo from Google. You have the option to resize the image and move it around to your preference.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until you have a full collage of the images that you feel best represent the future you’d like to achieve.
- Add additional text if you wish to accompany your photos.