Mental Health and Addictions Service Coordination Council
In March 2015, the Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN), in partnership with the Region of York, hosted a Mental Health and Addictions Housing Supports Planning Summit. The recommendations from this Summit formed the basis of a multi-year Mental Health and Addictions Supports within Housing Action Plan for York Region, endorsed by the Central LHIN Board in July 2015.
One of the key recommendations of the Action Plan was the establishment of a Service Coordination Council that would be accountable to the Central LHIN to advance the initiatives in the Action Plan.
The responsibility of the Mental Health and Addictions Service Coordination Council will be to:
- Improve the integration, coordination, and distribution of mental health and addiction services
- Develop or leverage existing processes to resolve urgent access issues for individuals with complex needs related to mental illness or substance use.
- Create a ‘one-stop shop’ for listing all mental health and addiction services, including housing
- Better connect housing and mental health and addiction supports
- Develop stronger partnerships among service providers
- Embed the perspective of people with lived experience and family members into our work in accordance with the Central LHIN Integrated Health Service Plan 2013 – 2016 Quality Based System Direction of Person-Centeredness.
Collectively, with a patient and family centred model, we will transform and improve services and supports in Central LHIN, resulting in enhanced wellbeing and improved outcomes for persons living with mental illness and addictions.
If you have any comments or questions please reach out to Jim Cressos. Jim is the Director of Service Transformation and is responsible for working with the Service Coordination Council to successfully implement the Mental Health and Addictions Supports within Housing Action Plan for York Region. Jim can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-841-3977 ext. 2223
|Robert Royer||Rebecca Shields|
|Planner||CEO Canadian Mental Health Association York Region|
|Co-Chair of the Service Coordination Council||Co-Chair of the Service Coordination Council|
One Stop Shop Directory
Community agency partners in York Region have put together a “One Stop Shop Directory” for mental health, addictions and housing services.
- January 2016 Newsletter
- May 2016 Newsletter
- August 2016 Newsletter
- Meeting Notes – Jan 19, 2016
- Meeting Notes – March 22, 2016
- Village of 100 People
- Multi-Year Action Plan Will Tackle Mental Health and Addictions Issues in York Region
- York Region’s Housing Story
- Terms of Reference
- Meeting Notes – March 2017