Request for consultation services to assist CMHA in developing their 2019-2025 Strategic Plan and 2019-2021 Operational Plan
Proposals due: January 10, 2019
Contact: Rebecca Shields, Chief Executive Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org, 905-853-8477 ext. 2201
The Canadian Mental Health Association York Region an South Simcoe Branch is a leading community mental health organization that provides multi-disciplinary care that includes treatment, recovery and rehabilitation, psycho-social education, community education and awareness. The organization has undergone tremendous growth in the past 6 years moving from a team of 80 staff to projected 350 or more by the end of next year. Our service expansion included the implementation of the Bounce Back program for Ontario (provincial in scope) and 3 new treatment teams and the expansion of our Housing First services. To learn more please visit: https://cmha-yr.on.ca/
Our organization is driven by our values:
- Client and Family Centred – Through partnership accountability and action;
- Cultural Competency – To provide the best service and work experience
- Innovation – To bring value to our community.
The Board of Directors recognizes that our organization must be committed to transformation in order to better serve our communities. As such, the organization is set to establish a vision for 2050. With a view that we can not only influence by impacting the future, we must start by defining our vision. From there we intend to build a strategy, using a balanced scorecard methodology, to set a plan to make it happen.
The CEO will have an active role in creating and drafting the scorecard.
The project is an extensive engagement, facilitation and strategic plan development.
Part A: Facilitate the Board- Senior Leadership Retreat (Saturday, February 2nd, 2019) to establish
- The new vision for CMHA YR SS : Vision 2050.
- The short terms vision 2025 that will be the first step in achieving Vision 2050
- Establish the 2 or at max 3 strategic results that will be the basis of transformational impact to achieve vision 2025.
Part B: Engagement of the staff, volunteers, clients & families and other stakeholders in development of the key objectives to achieve the strategic results including ideas for potential strategic initiatives.
(February 5th through to March 10, 2019)
- Facilitation of a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 10 focus groups (3 to 4 hours/ each)
- Assistance in the development of an on-line survey to provide another source for engagement
- Recommendation of other engagement techniques
- Rolling up recommendation and working with CEO to create the balanced scorecard. This would be a one day working session with the CEO.
PART C: Final review of strategy map and recommendation for performance indicators. (Last week of March 2019)
Request for Proposal Details
CMHA invites all interested consultants or companies to submit a proposal to provide services.
Maximum budget for services is $16,500 inclusive of all expenses.
- Company Profile
- Consultant Biographies
- Description of Services to be provided – please focus on experience with balance scorecard, facilitation and understanding of innovation in health care.
- Suggested Process
- Ability to work within timeline.
- 2 References
Proposal Deadline: January 10, 2019 4:30 pm Eastern Standard Time
Proponent Interviews: Will be the week of January 14th, 2019
Selection by January 21, 2019
Please submit all proposals to or request further information from:
CEO CMHA York Region and South Simcoe Branch,
905-853-8477 ext. 2201