Assertive Community Treatment Teams
Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) is designed to provide comprehensive, community-based psychiatric treatment, rehabilitation and support to people with serious and persistent mental illness. ACT teams include multidisciplinary health care professionals: case managers, nurses, employment specialists, social workers, peer support workers, addiction specialists and psychiatrists.
Services are available 24 hours per day, 365 days per year in the client’s choice of environment.
ACT teams work with clients to:
- Improve their quality of life
- Increase independence in the community
- Help with medication management
- Improve symptom management
- Reduce hospitalization
- Find accommodation of choice
- Reduce substance use
- Explore employment opportunities
- Educate and support families
For more information or to make a referral (self-referrals are welcome), please call
289-340-0348 or 1-844-660-6602 or follow this link to apply for support services: http://www.yssn.ca/streamlined-access