Welcome to Community Connections!
Recovery offers an opportunity for a renewed realization of self. Whether you want to be more active, get involved in your community or build a stronger social network, this program can support you in achieving your goals.
Community Connections is a recovery-oriented program intended to help individuals 16 years or older improve their mental health and overall wellness. We support members to develop skills and strengths, as well as connectedness with themselves, others and their environments. Our program is a place where one accepts one’s limitations, discovers a new world of possibility – realizing their own hopes, goals and aspirations.
Who are we?
Our programs are run by two Occupational Therapists and three Peer Support Workers. In addition to our staff, we have many volunteers and members who support our programming.
What groups/services do we offer?
- Drop-In – Staff and volunteer-led drop-in programs give members an opportunity to informally connect with others in a safe and supportive environment.
- Groups – We have lots of different groups for members to drop in and enjoy at all of our locations. Here are just a few examples of the types of groups we offer. Please check the most recent calendar for full details of days/times and group descriptions.
- Recovery: Goals Check-In, Illness Management Recovery, Themes of Recovery
- Health/Wellness: Fitness at the YMCA, Nutrition, Yoga, Mood Walks, Spirituality, Wellness Recovery Action Plan, Dog Therapy
- Skill-Building: Healthy Relationships, Anger Management, Activities and Mental Health, Stress Management, Independent Living Skills, Relaxation Skills, Mindful Digest, Books and Stories, Computers, Community Volunteering
- Leisure: Knitting, Arts and Crafts, Board Games, Writing, Gardening, Quilting, Music, Improv
- Social: Drop-in, Peer-led drop-in, Youth Group, Monthly Outings
- Leadership/Personal Growth: Leadership Program/Groups, Volunteer
- …And more!
- Some groups are listed as closed groups – 8-10 week, in-depth groups that build on previously shared material. Please find the “Introduction to…” session of this group on our calendar to join new sessions.
Where are we?
- Aurora site (Monday to Friday): 15150 Yonge Street Lower Level
- Markham sites (Check Calendar):
- Mondays and Fridays – HSBC Building – 3601 Highway 7 E
- Tuesdays – Aaniin Community Centre and Library, 5665 14th Ave
- Thursdays – Tony Wong Place – 25 Deverill Court
- Vaughan site (Wednesday): Mens Sana (3200 Steeles Avenue W, Unit 12)
How do I join?
- Come to our New Member Orientation group every week (Mondays 1:30-2:30 in Aurora, Fridays 10-11 in Markham) to see our space, meet our staff, get a copy of our most recent calendar and get started with us!
- For more information or to make a referral (self-referrals are welcome), please call 905-841-3977 or 1-866-345-0183, ext. 3321 (Central Intake Team).