The Rapid Access Psychiatry Program is an evidence-based model of service for adults with mild to moderate mood and/or anxiety disorder. With a focus on rapid access to service this program offers three levels of support that are free for individuals:
- Individual psychiatric assessment: A comprehensive assessment within 4 weeks of referral, completed by a CMHA Nurse Practitioner under the supervision of our psychiatrist. After the assessment the Nurse Practitioner will provide a report with diagnostic information and treatment recommendations to you and your primary care.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): An 8-week group focusing on identifying and understanding your feelings, identifying and changing problematic thoughts, and changing emotion driven behaviours. CBT is proven to be the most effective form of psychotherapy in treating low mood and anxiety. Participating in CBT and actively engaging in a treatment plan with your physician offers the best results in symptom reduction and improved quality of life.
- E-mail support from the doctor: We believe that brief email communications with your doctor can ensure that your treatment is progressing successfully. By emailing questions your doctor can ensure you are following the suggested recommendations.
Please consider our eligibility criteria:
- Adults age 18+ who are capable of completing questionnaires and engaging in the program.
- Mild to moderate depression and/or anxiety is the primary presenting issue.
For more information please contact: 905-841-3977 ext 3221