Family Caregiver Education Group
The Family Caregiver Education Program provides 10 weeks of education for families and caregivers on the topics of pharmacy, case management, boundaries, communication and more. This structured group assists families and caregivers to increase their knowledge of mental illnesses, get support and obtain the tools they need to make informed decisions. It is designed for people who want or need to learn basic information about mental illness and the mental health system. Following this program, you will be better able to contribute to your friends or family member’s recovery process, while also promoting your own self-care.
Contact Us to Register for Support
Call Central Intake at 1.866.345.0183, ext. 3321
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Families and caregivers who need to increase their knowledge of mental illnesses and access support
- Meets virtually once a week for 10 weeks
Note: It is important that only those family members and caregivers who are caring for a loved one with mental illness attend this group.
The Family Caregiver Education Group Offers
- Increase your understanding of mental illnesses, relevant medications and their side effects
- Be better able to support loved ones to make informed decisions about treatment
- Reduce your stress through access to information, services and a support network
- Meet other people in similar situations for coaching, mentoring, brainstorming and problem resolution
- Learn about stigma and its impact on recovery
- Develop a viable plan of action – what to start doing, what to stop doing and what to continue doing