Family Support Group: English, Chinese, Farsi, Tamil and Urdu
The Family Support Group assists families and caregivers to increase their knowledge of mental illnesses, get support and obtain the tools they need to make informed decisions. It is designed strictly for family members and caregivers caring for a loved one with mental illness. The Family Support Group is also available in Chinese, Farsi, Tamil and Urdu.
Contact Us to Register for Support
Call Central Intake at 1.866.345.0183, ext. 3321
Who is This Program Intended For?
- Families and caregivers who need to increase their knowledge of mental illnesses, and access support
- Families and caregivers in York Region and South Simcoe
- This group meets virtually monthly
Note: It is important that only those family members and caregivers who are caring for a loved one with mental illness attend this group.
The Family Support Group Offers
- Increase your understanding of mental illness
- Reduce your stress and feelings of isolation
- Understand how you can best support your loved one
- Develop effective coping strategies
- Connect with others who have a loved one with mental illness
- Gain knowledge of resources available and how to access them